SD card format - file structureSupport

Last Updated:

1. lamoglinsgal

lamoglinsgal Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Quick question. :D

I had issues with my Moto Droid and file structure for ringtones, etc. I didn't want my ringtones in with my music because there's nothing worse than jamming out and then hearing some crazy ringtone as your next song. I'd get that squared away, and then I couldn't use ringtones as alarm clock tones. :rolleyes:

Anyhoo, on my Moto I did NOT format the card -- which was probably the problem. I used the card from my BB and switched everything around. If I format the pre-installed card on the X, will it set the directories for me? And also, what's the best way to resolve the music/ringtones/alarm clock issues above?

OK, so maybe that wasn't so quick....

Advertisement
  2. tniceman

tniceman Member

I would like to know these thing as well. I am moving files from my Eris, and don't know where to put movies, music and ringtones.
    Thanks

3. Agfox

Agfox Active Member

When I first connected to the Mac, the SD card did not have a Music folder. I used doubletwist to sync a playlist and it created the Music folder and put the albums inside. The Music app found it and is using it from there. I haven't tried any other media yet.

4. techcent

techcent New Member

please put an empty file named .nomedia in ringtone directory

try it...