SD Card getting deletedSupport

1. jzebrahockey

jzebrahockey Well-Known Member

This is for people who have had their sd cards delete their information by itself. I have had this happen a couple of times and I am wondering if it is something to do with the SD card or the android system doing this.

Advertisement
    :
  2. ShinySide

ShinySide Disabled

Don't know but I just put 139 songs on my sd and they better stay there this time!
  3. gbiggie

gbiggie La patience et le pardon Guide

:eek:Man you just jinxed yourself:eek:

Similar issue here -have not lost any files on the External SD {PNY 32gb} but music and pics seem to disappear then reappear at will. I see more backups to CPU in my near future.
    Great:mad:
  4. redhook

redhook Well-Known Member

Sounds like an issue with the cards. Make sure they're name brand and not generic. Sandisk makes the most reliable ones on the market.
  5. jzebrahockey

mine is sandisk. I am going to get a new sd card in the near future. I have had this one for quite some time.
    hvrc likes this.
  6. redhook

redhook Well-Known Member

Good idea, NAND flash degrades over time, especially if you write to it a lot.
    gbiggie and jzebrahockey like this.
  7. TonyConvict

TonyConvict Well-Known Member

Has anyone looked into this because I have the same exact problem

Sent from my LD-ICS v1.1 using Tapatalk
  8. hvrc

hvrc Well-Known Member

bringing this one back from the dead, esteem just deleted over 630 songs and over 340 pics on the external sd card, its sandisk, and im pissed, pics of my kids missing, that wasnt recently backed up. im about to go complain to metro and shove this thread in their face if they try and say something stupid to me.

edit:
    i just removed the battery, removed sd, removed sim. and let my phone sit for a couple min, put everything back in and it all reappeared..... still going to ask metro wtf and get a better sd then class 2.
  9. travioso

travioso Well-Known Member

I get the same issue with the gallery not showing any pics sometimes.. A reboot fixes it for me.. Still would be nice to know the cause..
  10. jzebrahockey

Backup all of your pics. I do that all the time. Once a month I usually copy my pictures to a folder on my computer so I won't lose them. A good app to get in case you do lose them is recuva. Google it. It is free and can restore deleted files from your sd card.
  11. travioso

Although personally haven't set it up you can also sync it with a drop box account.. automatically throws it into the cloud..
  12. Mexjoker

Mexjoker I'm Not Real, Doris!

Do you think it might be the type of class of your sd card?
  13. travioso

I had the same one in my ascend with no issues. Class 10 Kingston I believe.. Know the class 10 is right :D
  14. bnb25

bnb25 Well-Known Member

It's the government making sure the music wasn't illegally downloaded....:afraid:
  15. mofugginrob

mofugginrob New Member

I'm pretty sure it's an issue with the phone. Sometimes it doesn't finish checking the internal memory and/or SD card for media/pictures so they don't show up. I've had it happen several times when my phone was on the B firmware and would reboot a lot. Hasn't happened since.

Nothing is getting "deleted" per se, the phone just doesn't know the files are there.

If it happens again, try unmounting your SD card (via settings, SD card and phone storage) and then remounting it. It will perform the media check again.