• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

SD card help me PLzz

hii every one i'm facing a problem with my sd card my phone says mount the sd card or format the sd card i just dont anderstand all i'm scard coz idont want to erase any thing from my memory plz tell what to do ??

Out of interest, is the SD card the one that came with the phone?

If you have a memory card reader, try hooking it up to your computer and copying everything in to a file on your desktop and then putting your SD card back in your phone and formatting it - you should then be able to mount the SD and, by connecting your phone as USB mass storage, then be able to copy the files from the folder on your desktop back to the SD card.

Reactions: tuhamtas
Upvote 0
thanks D-U-R-X

Not a problem Tutamtas :)

I asked if this was the SD card that came with the phone, as there are/have been some SD cards on ebay that are fakes - they have been causing some people issues and I thought that this could have been the problem with your card?

Let me know if this sorts the issue you've had with your SD card... if not, then I'm sure someone on here will be able to suggest something else! :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones