SD Card HelpSupport

Last Updated:

1. SwisherSweets

SwisherSweets Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So a couple days ago I tried connecting my phone to my computer to put some files on my SD card, and whenever I'm in usb mass storage, my phone just keeps disconnecting and preparing the SD card. And it is only giving me two options when it pops up (install motoconnect or open folder) and if I try either it just freezes, which I'm guessing is because the card is not staying connected to the computer.

I put it into pc mode and let it install the drivers but that didn't seem to help, anyone know how to fix this?

Its real annoying having to pull the battery and pull the sd card whenever I need to put something on it or take something off.

Advertisement
  2. dawnierae

dawnierae Well-Known Member

Mine goes through that connecting and disconnecting cycle for a LONG time when I connect for USB mass storage mode. But I found that if I just leave it be, it eventually allows me to open it under "My Computer" and transfer stuff to it.

SwisherSweets likes this.
  3. ndfan4u

ndfan4u Well-Known Member

Same here, it must take 2-3 minutes before it actually connects.

SwisherSweets likes this.
  4. SwisherSweets

SwisherSweets Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanx ill try it when I get home but why would it do this all of a sudden now? Maybe its the rom im running