• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help SD Card - how to move stuff to it

Lavernesr

Lurker
Jan 14, 2014
I'm pretty sure this isn't rocket science...I've been screwing around with my phone and give up.

Can someone tell me how and what I can move to the SD Card to free up internal memory? Also, should SD Card be default storage location.

I was having problems opening/downloading text attachments, which I (think) is due to low memory.

Yes, I am challenged. I would appreciate any help, as simple as possible please. Thanks

The external SD card is meant for pictures, videos, music, documents, things like that. You can use your computer (connect the phone to the computer) or a file manager (like ES File Explorer or Total Commander) on the phone to move files.

Some few apps can successfully be moved to the SD card, but don't expect many of them to be written like that and, when you move them, a link is left in internal storage, so you don't really save that much space.

Apps keep getting larger, we keep wanting to run more apps - that's why we need new phones every few years.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones