• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help SD Card is stuck in asus transformer prime

scott1176

Lurker
Feb 26, 2012
Please help!
After removing the dummy SD card I put a new one in. It didn't feel like it was connecting so I gently pushed it in a little further... still nothing and now I can not remove it. When powered on everything is fine, but it is not recognizing any SD storage.
How can I safely remove the card?

We have a similar problem, the micro sd card won't stay in the slot. Every once in a while, if I push the card in with a coin or paperclip it will catch; but most of the time it just pops right back out.

We just got the tablet a week ago, and it's already got issues... I was hoping that Asus made this tablet better than the TF101, since this is the "upscale" model. Well, I guess I can scratch them off my list for future purchases.

Upvote 0
i've had the same problem to tell you the truth, i'm sorry i'm posting here months later, but for me i ended up going in that small space behind or maybe in front of the mirco sd card slot. i believe that's what happened here to everyone elses stuff. i had to stratch up the sides, with paperclips,friends long nails to get it in and out.

anywho if anyone has a way to plug up that little space behind the card reader please let me know, i'm thinking about using the dumb card to do it but i think it plugs up the slot. or maybe placing some paper in the space so the mirco sd card only goes into the card reader.

Upvote 0
Well, did you ever find out anything helpful from ASUS? Mine seems to have been damaged in such a way that it no longer inserts properly. I suspect the slot is bent. I was hoping to learn a fix.

[EDIT] Well, I fixed it. Once I had proper lighting I could see in that tiny slot and see that it had re-positioned such that the gap was bigger than the slot itself. I knew when I first used it that this was a poor design.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones