SD Card is stuck in asus transformer primeSupport

Last Updated:

1. scott1176

scott1176 New Member

Please help!
    After removing the dummy SD card I put a new one in. It didn't feel like it was connecting so I gently pushed it in a little further... still nothing and now I can not remove it. When powered on everything is fine, but it is not recognizing any SD storage.
    How can I safely remove the card?

Advertisement
  2. blaxican25

blaxican25 Well-Known Member

Might try some tweezers to slowly remove it.
  3. Wolfedude88

Wolfedude88 Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear about that, but yeah some tweezers might be able to get it out.

I don't care for the way the SD card sits in there, I hate feeling it on the side, but it is nice to have extra memory.

Lets us know if you get it out. Maybe post a picture?
  4. stormlaw

stormlaw New Member

I have the same problem. Put a micro sd card in and it is stuck. You should be able to push on it and have it spring out. It is not happening. Help.
  5. stormlaw

stormlaw New Member

I figured it out. I opened up a paper clip and while pushing on the end of the card I shifted it up, it then sprang out!
    andygu3 likes this.
  6. Wolfedude88

Wolfedude88 Well-Known Member

Glad you got yours out, I wonder how it happened.
  7. omnix1300

omnix1300 New Member

We have a similar problem, the micro sd card won't stay in the slot. Every once in a while, if I push the card in with a coin or paperclip it will catch; but most of the time it just pops right back out.

We just got the tablet a week ago, and it's already got issues... I was hoping that Asus made this tablet better than the TF101, since this is the "upscale" model. Well, I guess I can scratch them off my list for future purchases.
  8. Corootai

Corootai Well-Known Member

i've had the same problem to tell you the truth, i'm sorry i'm posting here months later, but for me i ended up going in that small space behind or maybe in front of the mirco sd card slot. i believe that's what happened here to everyone elses stuff. i had to stratch up the sides, with paperclips,friends long nails to get it in and out.

anywho if anyone has a way to plug up that little space behind the card reader please let me know, i'm thinking about using the dumb card to do it but i think it plugs up the slot. or maybe placing some paper in the space so the mirco sd card only goes into the card reader.
  9. zleem

zleem New Member

I had the same problem. Couldn't get it out with small flat head screw driver. End up breaking the plastic cover on sd card and now it won't come out at all. Calling Asus tomorrow to find out how to get it out. :(
  10. BaronGrim

BaronGrim Active Member

Well, did you ever find out anything helpful from ASUS? Mine seems to have been damaged in such a way that it no longer inserts properly. I suspect the slot is bent. I was hoping to learn a fix.

[EDIT] Well, I fixed it. Once I had proper lighting I could see in that tiny slot and see that it had re-positioned such that the gap was bigger than the slot itself. I knew when I first used it that this was a poor design.