• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

SD card issues on HTC Sensation XE

chez1984

Lurker
Sep 26, 2013
Hi everyone, I'm hoping someone will be able to help me out with a problem I've been having recently.

I recently became the owner of a HTC Sensation XE, which originally had a 2GB sd card, and I decided to purchase a 32gb sd card instead as I wanted a lot more memory for apps. No problem at first, the card worked fine, or so I thought. After a couple of weeks, I started to have problems with one of my apps on the new sd card, it refused to load up and on my menu the icon for the game just came up as the android icon. I figured it was a problem with the app at first, but now almost every app I move over to the sd card refuses to load up once its there. All fine on the phone memory, but the second I transfer anything to the sd card I can no longer use the app unless I uninstall, re-install and keep the app on the phone. I've tried uninstalling and re-installing each app, unmounting and mounting the sd card countless times, cleared cache, pretty much everything I can think of. I guess my question is, is it possible I've been unlucky enough to purchase a faulty sd card, or is there something a little more obvious I'm missing?

Hi Chez,

Although there's a few apps that need to be on the phone's internal memory to work (especially widgets), most of them should work fine from the SD card. Do you get any messages about the SD card unmounting itself, or does it show as mounted or unmounted in the settings? What about other SD card media - pictures, music, videos etc, can you access them without any issues?

It might be a faulty card, do you still have the 2GB card that came with it, maybe you can test a few apps on that one? Othewise, maybe borrow a working card from a friend and see if it works, but if you get the same issue then it might be the phone.

Tried a full factory reset too? Or maybe contact the seller and let them know you're having some issues?

Good luck!

Upvote 0
Hi everyone, I'm hoping someone will be able to help me out with a problem I've been having recently.

I recently became the owner of a HTC Sensation XE, which originally had a 2GB sd card, and I decided to purchase a 32gb sd card instead as I wanted a lot more memory for apps. No problem at first, the card worked fine, or so I thought. After a couple of weeks, I started to have problems with one of my apps on the new sd card, it refused to load up and on my menu the icon for the game just came up as the android icon. I figured it was a problem with the app at first, but now almost every app I move over to the sd card refuses to load up once its there. All fine on the phone memory, but the second I transfer anything to the sd card I can no longer use the app unless I uninstall, re-install and keep the app on the phone. I've tried uninstalling and re-installing each app, unmounting and mounting the sd card countless times, cleared cache, pretty much everything I can think of. I guess my question is, is it possible I've been unlucky enough to purchase a faulty sd card, or is there something a little more obvious I'm missing?

Are you rooted? I don't think you can run apps from a card unless you've rooted your phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones