• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help SD Card Issues/Reading In General

84qwerty84

Lurker
Jul 10, 2012
I have had my Droid X2 since December of last year, but lately, I have had unresolved issues. I have two different kinds of reading issues:

1. I purchased a 16GB HDSC for my phone, and it has been working perfectly, until today. I can view pics from my Files app, but when I open my Gallery, it freezes up. I then get asked if I want to wait for force close. I can view the files via USB to PC, but my Gallery app is acting up. Can even play my music that is on the SD card. Have tried unmounting it as well as restarted cell with no luck.

2. While looking into issue one, I am not noticing that I can't access files via USB to PC on my internal storage.

I really want to avoid a Factory Reset. Are there any other methods, tests, theories as to why this is happening?

factory reset rarely fixes issues
factory reset wipes personal data, and restores factory defaults
it will not fix system apps, if they are corrupt

what system version 1.3.418 or 1.3.380?
rooted?

I would flash a SBF
or 'system boot file', is an image which re-installs the system software
but you may have to wipe data, sometimes you don't

if you really don't want to do that, just use a different photo viewer, should be several free ones in market
or I could upload one to mediafire and you could put on sd card and install from there
don't need root, to do that

edit:
I am not noticing that I can't access files via USB
please clarify this
as it's your second issue, guessing can't access via usb
install MOTOROLA DEVICE (Drivers) MANAGER
does usb icon show in phone's notification bar?
if it does pull down to expand, should be 3 or 4 usb options

pc mode
media center
usb mass storage mode (default)
charge only

if it's in charge only, you can't access files, directly
change to usb mass starage or pc mode

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones