sd card issuesSupport

Last Updated:

1. steveo24

steveo24 Active Member This Topic's Starter

May 22, 2010
    I have an EVO with 2.2 and the newest software update, and i have a class 2 16g sdhc card. just recently i was transferring mp3s to the card, which i had like 8g left on it, and when i was done the phone started acting real glitchy. Internal memory of the phone was 211mb at the time. The glitching consisted of pretty much all apps force closing, not being able to scroll through home screens, and the first time i would let the backlight go out from start up i couldn't get it back on. You could here things like the ringer volume increase/decrease noise but no matter what i did, the screen stayed black. I narrowed it down to the sd card because when i pulled it, everything went right back to normal. I'm in the process of backing the 16g card so i can format it, and using the 8g that came with it temporarily. The only odd thing I noticed was a file called T0a04136 (its 269mb) that i never noticed before. I know you are gonna want more specifics on what apps I have on the card, but theres alot and I was wondering if anyone else has ran into this problem before I get into all of that. Sorry if this is too vague, but any help whatsoever would be greatly appreciated. This forum rules and all of you guys/gals are very helpful:D:D:D Thanks in advance for your time.

Also it is taking forever to back this up to my laptop. I'll drag like 3 folders into an empty folder on my desktop and it'll take like 3-4 hours on a 95mb transfer. Didn't know if thats normal since the card speed is only class 2 or if thats abnormal.
    Thanks again for all the help