1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Sd card issuesSupport

1. Prinny

Prinny Resident Linux Nutcase Guide

Hey everyone, question for you. I have an 8gb card i would love to be using in my phone. Problem is cwm can't read it or mount it. Yet the phone knows its there, as i was using it for music. My 2gb card works fine in cwm, but i would like to use my 8gb. I formatted it in the phone, still no dice. Any thoughts?

Advertisement
    :
  2. alsaces daddy

alsaces daddy Well-Known Member

Format it on your computer. There is sonething you can download called SD formatter. This should fix it. What class is it?
  3. Prinny

Off the top of my head, i dunno o.o I'll check once home!
  4. Prinny

Sandisk 8GB MicroSD HC is what the card says.
  5. StarScream2109

StarScream2109 Well-Known Member Developer

You will see a circle with a number inside it
  6. Prinny

Holy crap my eyes are bad; That or its really tiny. Class 2!
  7. StarScream2109

I suggest a new sd class 2 is really low class 10 is the best
  8. Prinny

Kinda what i was thinking, especially since all my other SD cards work fine.
  9. StarScream2109

Yeah its probably because its such a low class sd card
  10. esparks004

esparks004 Well-Known Member

I had the same issue...I even tried reformatting via my PC. Nothing seemed to work. To fix this all u need to do is Boot into CWM select Advance...then Partition SD Card...i created a partition of 128MB....then reboot into CWM and you should then be able to mount your SD Card. I was getting Error: could not mount SD card....this resolved my issue and i was read my sd card in CWM.
  11. justtom

justtom Well-Known Member

That interesting,thanks for the info
  12. coolman12

coolman12 Well-Known Member

I have the same problem the SD card worked the after I go in to recovery it said can't mount SD card can you help:confused:
  13. esparks004

Backup all contents of SD Card to PC. So you dont loose any data. Then try my suggestion above. Should work for you.
  14. coolman12

coolman12 Well-Known Member

OK I will try it
  15. esparks004

Coolman...did it work for you?
  16. Prinny

Sweet deal, that worked nicely for me. Thanks!
  17. mooseberry

mooseberry Well-Known Member

i had the same problem with my 32gig class 10. its something wrong with your sd card. some file or somehting is corrupt. i did reformat on my pc and it didnt make any difference. a Mod on this site helped me out with this and i want to help you.. you dont have to partition anything this way i am going to show you.. if you download a program called 'sd formatter' and run it on your sd card it will work if you. it took 3 hours to format my sd card. if cant find it or need help or questions PM and i can help you out. :)
  18. ch4rkle

ch4rkle Member

:(:(mine wont read any sd cards at all. Any size and class. my phone just says blank sd card.:(:( it sucks cuz i listen to my music all the time.
  19. mooseberry

mooseberry Well-Known Member

can you give me more info will cwm read it, what kind of size and classes did you try? did you try the original sd card that came with the phone ? and is the sd port clear of all debris
  20. n0ve

n0ve Well-Known Member

mooseberry likes this.