SD card issuesSupport

Last Updated: 2012-10-16 22:01:07
  1. blue_cat

blue_cat Member

Hi,
    I recently tried downloading additional content for an app (1.8 gb), and an error message popped up saying that my sd card doesn't have enough storage. I knew it was wrong, because I'm using a brand new 8 gb sd card. When I go to settings -> storage, it says I have 7.28 GB of free space. After downloading Es file explorer and looking around a little, I found out that /sdcard is actually the phone storage, and to get to the actual sd card I have to go to /mnt/extsdcard. I'm guessing that the phone knows that the real sd card is /mnt/extsdcard, so that's why it had the right number when I looked under settings, but apps don't know that, so they think it's /sdcard which is really the internal storage.

Is anyone else having this problem? If so, have you found any way to fix it or work around it?

Advertisement
  2. blue_cat

blue_cat Member

Here's a screenshot of the app Quick Settings, which shows the free space on the SD card and internal storage.
    Screenshot_2012-10-07-17-39-12.jpg
  3. mb41186

mb41186 Well-Known Member

Some newer phones only allow the apps to be stored on the phones storage, the Reverb is 4gb but 2gb's of it is partitioned off, so you only have about 2gigs of free space for apps, not sure if any of the apps are movable to the SD card though
  4. AlwaysSmile

AlwaysSmile Active Member

As per Samsung they told me the Google it self removed the option about moving the apps to SD card and downloads to SD card from Android version 4.0.4 !
    so far there is now way around the GS3 users have the same issue and so will be with all other new devices with 4.0.4!
  5. RyanSupertramp

RyanSupertramp Well-Known Member