• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help SD card keeps un-mounting itself+phone turns itself off+no/low sound on recorded videos=Return

meandmydroid

Dec 10, 2009
If I was only having just one of these issues, I might would bite the bullet and keep the phone and just hope they come our with the fixes for these issues...but all three keep happening and I just can't take it anymore...I only have 3 days left on my 14 day return window...I'm not being to ancy am I? Would anyone else keep it with all these things happening and risk the issues never being fixed?

All those problems definitely warrant an exchange, but those aren't common problems, so I would just exchange it as I believe you received a faulty thunderbolt

Edit: except the low volume. I believe thats supposed to be addressed in a future update

Update: Just got off the phone with Verizon (*611) ... I explained the 3 issues above, and they were super nice and said they would waive the $35 exchange fee since I have been with them so long...and that they would rush me out a new Thunderbolt...and I have 10 days to return this one back to them...

I was going to just return it...but they were so nice and seemed to really understand...so I'm just crossing my fingers that the new bolt they are shipping out to me do not have the issues this one has with the phone shutting itself off on its own, and continuous not recognizing the SD card is installed from time to time...I understand of course the no/low sound recording issue is being looked into by HTC so I know that won't be fixed with the new phone, but I can wait on that part if I can get rid of the other 2 issues plaguing my particular bolt...wish me luck with the new one!

Upvote 0
Update: Just got off the phone with Verizon (*611) ... I explained the 3 issues above, and they were super nice and said they would waive the $35 exchange fee since I have been with them so long...and that they would rush me out a new Thunderbolt...and I have 10 days to return this one back to them...

I was going to just return it...but they were so nice and seemed to really understand...so I'm just crossing my fingers that the new bolt they are shipping out to me do not have the issues this one has with the phone shutting itself off on its own, and continuous not recognizing the SD card is installed from time to time...I understand of course the no/low sound recording issue is being looked into by HTC so I know that won't be fixed with the new phone, but I can wait on that part if I can get rid of the other 2 issues plaguing my particular bolt...wish me luck with the new one!

Glad you got the customer service you deserve! I highly doubt you'll run into those problems again. Good luck with the replacement!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones