1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Support sd card locked

1. trapt4orlife

trapt4orlife Member

A few days ago I noticed my pictures were gone I didn't think much of it because I have thrm backed up, but yesterday I went to take a picture and it wouldant save it, nor would it take videos, I went to the few pictures that were on my phone and tried to delete one and it said sd card is locked, anyone know how to unlock it? Id rather not factory restore my phone, I'm using a motorola devour.

Advertisement
  2. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time... Moderator

Have you tried powering down and then rebooting your phone? If the lock is in software that might be a good place to start.

you also might want to try unmounting and re-mounting the SD card from within Android. I'm told there is an option within settings to do this.
  3. trapt4orlife

trapt4orlife Member

I have done both :(
  4. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time... Moderator

Out of curiousity have you tried using a different microSD card?
  5. X10iUser

X10iUser Well-Known Member

Hi.

Do you have a card reader you can try it in to see if the issue persists? Might be a faulty card.
  6. trapt4orlife

trapt4orlife Member

I do its built into my pc and I could access it, move things, etc..
  7. typical_ariess

typical_ariess New Member

I Figure this one out just now! I was taking my card out earlier today to put some pics on from my PC, when I just tried to delete a picture it said "SD Card is locked" I tried everything, unmounting, etc. Very basic solution... Turn ur phone all the way off, make sure the micro SD card is in tight, and then turn your phone back on, quick fix! Good Luck let me know if it worked
  8. katihill86

katihill86 New Member

I had the same problem. The only thing that fixed it is formatting the sd card through settings (everything was deleted).
  9. uneak

uneak New Member

what exactly is deleted if i were to do this?:confused:
  10. niebieskipies

niebieskipies New Member

I had the same problem with my HTC Magic.

I tried to put sd card into adapter and format it on the PC,
    how ever it didn't work. After may tries I was able to move things
    from the card, but it was still locked partly - when I tried to scan card
    with windows scandisc it was automatically disconecting the telefon from my PC.

Lately I decidet to update my android to 2.2 and I noticed something weird
    during instalation.
    After android update was complete, it shown a sign 'unlocking sd card'.
    When this was complete my SD card was back.
    Thats why I'm surre this lock is comming from software.
  11. NotBob31

NotBob31 Member

My devour locked the sd card after I moved some files from my PC to my phone. I spent a few hours till my phone gave me a clue. so I tried this and it worked.

I plugged my phone into my computer. Chose manage memory card option. Transfered data fine. Then using notifications menu on phone, Chose usb connections, switched to modem mode. Stopped usb device with windows, and unplugged. Memory card unlocked now.
    katluth likes this.