• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root SD Card mounted as read-only, need help!

iiiiaann

Lurker
Jul 29, 2010
Alright so ill start this from the beginning. I have a rooted evo, and i was running fresh 3.4.0.1 or whatever the 3.4 one is. i went to fresh updater maybe a week or so ago, and there was an update for 3.5. i downloaded it, went to apply it, got an exclamation point and realized i was using clockwork recovery. i rebooted the phone, swapped to RA, and upgraded through fresh updater. no issues. then i realized that the numeric battery/notification bar symbols hack that i had previously used was no longer working. not a big deal, so i switched back over to clockwork recovery because im pretty sure the hack is unsigned and therefore RA's wouldnt let me apply it, booted into recovery, and flashed the zip. then i tried to reboot my phone, and it got stuck in a boot loop. so i pulled the battery, tried to boot again, same thing. this wasnt the first time i messed up and got a boot loop, so i just went back to recovery, and flashed fresh 3.3. booted up the phone and upgraded to fresh 3.4. some stuff wasnt working right so i went back to recovery, wiped my phone, and re-flashed fresh 3.3. that's where i am right now, but im getting a message that my SD card is mounted as read-only, which short term isnt causing me any major issues, but i know in the long run that it will be a definate problem. my question is, do i need to re-format the SD card? Because i figured out a way to do that, but it says it will clear it, and then if so, will i lose my root? also what else would i lose through re-formatting? if anyone can help me out here i would really appreciate it

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones