SD Card Not being readSupport

Last Updated:

1. rapidsandroid

rapidsandroid Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

OK, while not an everyday occurrence, I have had to reboot my phone 4 times because when I turn it on in the morning it did not read the SD Card. When I went into Settings, Storage it said unavailable. After I reboot, everything on the SD card showed up on the phone OK.
    Is this something I have to live with or if I reformat the card would that help?
    Same card I used on my LG Dare, just now in my Incredible if that makes a difference. thanks

Advertisement
  2. dragonhead08

dragonhead08 Active Member

Did you try pulling the card and battery and then reboot the phone? I've had the same thing happen before too and this worked.

3. rapidsandroid

I will try that. thanks

4. mike17

mike17 Well-Known Member

Same thing happened to me I just took it out then put it back in and it was fine

5. rapidsandroid

Yea, I don't mind once in a blue moon, but it has occurred about once a week for me...still not much, but just an unnecessary hassle

6. Musky

Musky Well-Known Member

Every other day or so, when I turn on my phone, I'll get a "External memory not found" error with the option to acknowledge it. But before I can hit the "OK" the message disappears and all is fine with my SD card and memory. I just assume that it takes a little longer to "prepare" the SD card and the system sends out this warning prematurely. :confused:

7. rapidsandroid

I don't even get a warning message. I discover it hasn't read my SD Card when I click on photos and find nothing there. When I reboot, it all shows up.

8. dragonhead08

dragonhead08 Active Member

I noticed a pattern that when I charged it overnight connected to my laptop I would get the sd error.