SD Card Not Reading!!!

1. LWNda3rd

LWNda3rd Active Member

I have a rooted HTC Hero (Sprint), Fresh, Gumbo Kernel that runs wonderfully. Lateley however, my phone is not reading my sd card. Im unaware of the class, but it is an 8gb scan disk minisd. It has worked for over a year. I try to copy my information onto my desktop to reformat the sd, but it stops in the middle of the transfer. I have tried to find info on this issue, and I apologize if a thread has already been started. Thank you for your assistance in this matter.

Advertisement
    :
  2. redandblack1287

redandblack1287 Well-Known Member

Sounds like the SD card may have failed. Apparently they don't have a very long lifespan sometimes... I'm not really sure there's anything you can do at this point, other than replace the SD card =( Hopefully someone else's knows of a fix
  3. pbp776

pbp776 Well-Known Member

If the data is important than there pay software to see if u can recover your data. Google for recover sd card.If data is not important, then try formatting the card. I had issue with my memory stick last yr.
  4. mysticmead

mysticmead Well-Known Member

Recuva - Undelete, Unerase, File and Disk Recovery - Free Download pretty good recovery software.. if it can read the SD card then it can pull the data. however, if the SD card has failed, there's a good chance that the data is lost. that's the risk of using SD.. when they die, they die...

oh.. did I forget to mention... recuva is free..
  5. LWNda3rd

LWNda3rd Active Member

thanks, I followed everyone's input and was able to reformat the sd card...just a pain in the buttt

Thanks!!