SD card not recongnizedSupport

Last Updated:

1. rcyphermd

rcyphermd Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have had my Incredible since launch with the same SD card. Upon rebooting to day, it says the card cannot be found. I rebooted and removed the card a half dozen times....no luck. Removed battery...no change. The only thing I tried was ultra keyboard, which I deleted....still no luck. Suggestions?

Advertisement
  2. Vaseline Smith

Vaseline Smith Well-Known Member

first are you using the widget to get your info or the phone settings?

3. NoShftShck16

NoShftShck16 Well-Known Member

Will your computer recognize it?? If it does, copy all your stuff off and reformat it. Then pop it into your phone and reformat again inside the phone for good measure. That should do it.

Sometimes my phone would say my SD card was damaged and would stop recognizing it so I would just copy all data off, reformat, reformat in phone and copy all my data back and it was fine.

Did your phone shut off while you were actively using your SD card? As in listening to music on your card or using an app on your card? Cutting power to a SD card like that can cause problems (exactly what happened to me)

4. rcyphermd

rcyphermd Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I am using astro....I does not recognize the card. And the message at the top of the phone says sd card is read only, which it never said before

5. NoShftShck16

NoShftShck16 Well-Known Member

What about in the Storage under Settings, does it recognize it there? Try dismounting it