SD Card Not Seen By Moto Droid

Last Updated:

1. Gazooo

Gazooo Active Member This Topic's Starter

Just got my Droid working perfect today, I was sooo happy. I am running Smoked Glass V5.0 overclocked at 900 mhz and loving it.

I decided to play with tethering. Got it going on my mac just great. I tapped the stop tethering and after Wifi Tethering shut off I pulled the usb cable without unmounting, ohoh. I am usually so careful about this as my Mac get angry at me if I don't.

Now this is the only thing I can think of because then my beautiful widgets wouldn't work right stating it needs an sd card to operate.

Hmm, what's that all about I thought..yep went through the settings and the droid is not seeing it. Pulled and reinserted the sd card number of times. Soft reset a few and even Advanced restored from recently and still does not read it.

My Mac reads the card without a problem through a card reader. So I got this brainstorm to back it up, do a disk repair to see if that helps. No dice...

I erased the disc on the mac hoping the droid would see it and I could format it from in there, no go.

Finally I restored everything after formatting it on my mac and still it does not see it.

The droid just goes into a 3 time boot cycle then it says preparing the sd card, then it freezes and boots again finally to a working state. Of course without my sd card.

So I guess I ruined the sd card by pulling it without unmounting? I have the insurance on this so I was thinking to Advance Restore to my status prior to rooting then walk in to Verizon and just say it stopped working.

Do I have to be more cautious and delete the smoked glass files from my sd card or just leave as is. I have everything backed up on my mac so I could just throw the restore file back on there if they replace the sd card for me or if I need to delete all those files to be safe and not jeopardize the warranty.

Any thoughts or suggestions appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

You need to use the 2.0.1 SBF file up top in the sticky about never having to worry about bricking. That is the best way to get back to stock, it will re flash everything including the stock recovery. They will know you have rooted if they see sprecovery. And yes I would recommend deleting ANYTHING pertaining to rooting off your sd card, including themes.