SD Card Partially Erased

Last Updated:

1. Quizshow

Quizshow Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Sometime in the last 30 minutes, most of the data on my sd card has disappeared. Camera photos, images, icons, videos etc are gone, but the music is ok. I have no idea what happened. The only thing I've done this morning is saved some snes roms to the sd card. Can anyone help me at all? :confused:

Advertisement
  2. Rob_A

Rob_A Well-Known Member

Have you hooked it up to your PC and checked?

If they aren't there, then I'm not sure

If they are there with it hooked to your PC, choose charge only and then try rebooting the phone.

3. Quizshow

Yeah, I checked via the pc and then rebooted. It's definitely missing all my photos. According to the the available space info, I'm missing about 1gb of stuff.

4. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Hopefully, it's just a simple directory corruption - this can happen if the device is unplugged without unmounting (ejecting) it first, or it can happen just because.

First link explains the idea, the second may be the right tool for you. If you're on a Mac, let me know, I tend to assume folks use PCs around here.

How to Repair a Corrupt SD Card | eHow.com

FileRestorePlus - Easily undelete, unerase, and recover deleted files

Finally, a good discussion on this subject -

How to repair corrupted sd card? [Archive] - xda-developers

Hope this helps.

Quizshow likes this.
  5. EarlyMon

Jeez - I shoulda thought of this earlier.

You'll probably be fine but your first move with anything screwy in storage is to do a backup.

6. Cobravision

Cobravision Well-Known Member

Is this a cheap 32gb memory card off of Ebay? A lot of those cards trick the system into thinking they're 32gb, but they're really 2gb or 4gb, and when you get to the point where you use up all the actual storage, the data remaining gets corrupted.

7. Quizshow

This is a 16gb class 2 that I bought from an amazon market seller (25.00). But the thought did cross my mind that I might have been scammed with a lower gb card. I've recovered what was lost and backed up everything so if stuff starts disappearing again, I know I've got a fishy card.

I had gotten really lazy about hitting that green arrow to remove hardware so lesson officially learned.

8. EarlyMon

There you go.

Tell your friends that yanking out an SD card, USB drive, digital camera or music player - no matter how many times it went well for them - is just a game of Russian Roulette.