SD card partition issue

Last Updated:

1. BOTTLEFED

BOTTLEFED Member This Topic's Starter

Ok, I'm trying not to panic here.
    I just rooted my phone the other day and it was doing well.
    I decided to go ahead and try a ROM, and xtrSense seemed like a nice small step. The ROM change-over went fine. I lost some contacts but I had most of them on my gmail account.
    I was reading the xtrSense thread and saw the App2SD section. I thought it might be a good idea since I like to try a lot of apps and don't get around to deleting them sometimes, so my internal memory gets used up.
    I wasn't clear on the process and I assumed the App2SD was built into xtrSense and all I had to do was partition the SD card. I followed the steps in the App2SD section and it seemed to work just fine. I rebooted, but the SD card was not in the same place it was before when I opened Estrongs file explorer. The apps were not transferred to it and were still in the same place as before. However, I lost access to all my ringtones that were saved on the SD card.

So I decided the partition didn't work so I went to do a nand backup to when I rooted, but not on xtrSense. I restarted in recovery mode and went to nand restore and it is giving me this:
    E:couldn't open directory /sdcard/nandroid/

I did a wipe of the SD:ext partition. It says wipe complete. I did a wipe of the data and it says wipe complete.
    I did a repair of SD:ext and it says repair complete.
    But I still get the same message that it can't open the SD card.

please HELP!!
    :)

Advertisement
  2. BOTTLEFED

3. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

That link is broken. Just to clarify for anybody who reads this post, in order to activate apps2sd with xtrSENSE 4.6, you need to:

- backup your SD card
    - partition the SD card using recovery, then convert the ext2 partition to ext3
    - restart xtrSENSE
    - copy files back to the SD card
    - run gscript on the phone and load and run the script that activates apps2sd
    - restart the phone again

On that last restart, as it boots xtrSENSE will move your apps to the ext partition that you created on the SD Card.

4. BOTTLEFED

Thanks doogald

The instructions in the xtrSense thread are really bad if that is actually how its done.
    I'm a little hesitant to try a ROM now, but when I do, I'll follow your instructions and not those.