• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

SD Card Phone switch?

OregonRob

Lurker
Aug 22, 2012
Hi, I'm still fairly new to Android(only been using it since around January..)

I had to have my Optimus V replaced under warranty, and thought that unmounting it from the old phone with all of the apps I had moved onto it before hand would simply move over to the new phone when I remounted it, but they aren't showing up in the app drawer like they did on the old phone, nor am I able to figure out how to access those apps to move them onto the phone..

Is there something I'm doing wrong? Do I need to install an app to manage and move the apps back to phone so that they will show in the app drawer, or do I simply have to reinstall all of the apps to the new phone?

Welcome to the forums, OregonBob!
Unless you installed those apps directly to the SDCard, they won't be stored there, only on the internal storage of your old phone. When you signed into your Google account on the new phone, did the Play Store not start downloading all your old apps? If you sign into the Play Store, you should be able to look at "My Apps" and find them there to download.
If they are stored on your SDCard, you can use a file explorer like Astro to install them manually.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones