SD card problem after RC33 updateSupport

Last Updated:

1. ai_arif

ai_arif Member This Topic's Starter

i just got the RC33 update today and after updating my sd card has not been working.I tried rebooting the phone and also tried by re inserting the memory card but yet not working.after i plug in to my laptop and do mounting,nothing happens afterwards(it was working fine before the update). I used a card reader and i see my songs and pictures are there but phone says no memory card. HELP PLEASE

Advertisement
  2. devolio

devolio Well-Known Member

Take the SD card out and turn the phone off. Turn it back on, and try to open up the camera app, it should warn you that it's not in. Put it in and slowly and gently close the SD card door. Sometimes you have to do it a few times for it to work correctly, but I've only had this issue once or twice.

Let me know if that works

3. ai_arif

Still not working..i tried 5 times in all diff. way.taking card out while ph is on/taking card out after turning ph off.It does show mount/unmount option after plugging the ph to the laptop but nothing happens afterwards...

4. devolio

What OS is the machine you're plugging it into? Also, are you using a USB hub or front USB plugs of any kind?

5. ai_arif

i am using XP sp2. i am using the usb cable that came with the phone.

6. devolio

Yeah, but what are you plugging it into? Some people have had issues getting USB hubs and occasionally front USB ports to work correctly.

7. ai_arif

usb port and i am sure the port works fine because it works for the memory card reader.It also says usb connected on phone and shows the mount/unmount option.but afterwards nothing happens.I am feeling like an idiot here :(

8. ai_arif

Ok i think problem is solved.I formatted the sd card and had to copy the initial files that was available in the 1gb memory card again to my 4gb card(dcim folder).inserted the memory card while it is connected to the laptop and recognized it finally.

9. devolio

Awesome, glad to hear you got it fixed :)