SD card problem: 'Blank SD card' message in notificationsSupport

Last Updated:

1. fdama

fdama Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,

For some reason on my HTC desire, I cannot access my SD card. It says 'Blank SD card' in the notifications section. For this to happen on a phone is completely unacceptable. Before my SD card was rendered unusable, I used to get problems like whenever I try to take a photo, it would not allow me to because of an SD card issue. Restarting would solve that. That is also unacceptable.

Where do I go from here? Have i lost all my data? What is to sat that this wont happen again?

Thanks for your responses in advance.

Advertisement
  2. anoniemouse

anoniemouse Well-Known Member

Try using a card reader on your pc & see if that can read the sd card, if it can copy all data from card to pc & format the card.
    Copy all data back to sd card & try in your phone, be aware that it may be your sd card has broken.

3. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

The samsung cards supplied with the phone (if this is what you got) are pretty poor to be honest

4. mrsL

mrsL New Member

I also have the same problem. I am using a Samsung Galaxy S2 and i just recently bought a Kingston 16gb SD card. It was working for like 2weeks and this morning i got a message on m phone saying "blank sd card". I tried to re-download my apps and move it to the SD card but all it says is "unable to move app. not enough storage space." But i already formatted it a couple of times..still won't work. Can somebody help me please?thanks!