SD card problem with saving/downloading...

Last Updated:

1. Captain Stu

Captain Stu Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

HTC Hero: Rooted with 2.1 and previously running absolutely fine but for some reason today I'm not able to save/download anything.

I tried to download a picture off the internet and it was saying there was not enough space (even though the phone memory has 122mb free thanks to Apps2SD and my SD card has over 3GB free) so I tried to email the picture from my PC, received on my phone and when I try to download the picture it says you need an SD card to do this... but the card IS being seen by the phone because my apps are running, I can access music and pictures that are on it.

I unmounted the card and then remounted it and my phone went into a loop, trying to reinitialise and couldn't do it. So I just restarted the phone and, again, all apps work but cannot save or download anything.

Any ideas? I'm trying to avoid wiping everything and starting from scratch but seeing as I've been meaning to move to 2.2 I think it might be an idea...

EDIT Deffo seems to just be an SD card problem, had an old MMS message, tried to save it and it wouldn't worked. Used the SaveMMS app and that brought up a long error string which basically pointed to a problem with the SD card. What confuses me though is that I can still read from it (playing music) and I just deleted a couple of pictures off it which surely constitutes editing?!

Really pissing me off now, just turned it off because everything was absolutely fine yesterday.

Advertisement
  2. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

Deleting only marks the blocks (or cells in flash memory) as available for use in the FAT, it doesn't actually write to them. Time to backup any valuable data methinks, as it could be on the way out.

3. Captain Stu

Captain Stu Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Noooooooooooooooooooooooo!! :(

UPDATE: Backing stuff up now... can't backups my goddamn apps!!!