sd card problemSupport

1. cajuncartfan

cajuncartfan Active Member

Everytime I restart my phone my music and pictures are not found on my SD card. I have to go into settings and unmount the card and then remount it for my media to be found. Anyone know why this is happening?

Advertisement
    :
  2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

Is it possible the SD Card is faulty? There's an app called H2testw you run from your PC to test so you could give that a try.

Was it the card that came with the phone?
  3. cajuncartfan

I willbtry the test. The card didnot come.with the Vivid. It is one that I have had.
  4. lostsoul1

lostsoul1 Well-Known Member

was this SD car from another phone or was it new in the vivd? diff folder location?

if not I would try a new 8gig or + card. There are tricks to check CRC errors on the card if you want to go that route
  5. cajuncartfan

No this is a card I have used in different Android phones I have had. I just delete folders and files on it except for my "Music" and "Pictures" folder that I have on it when I switch to a new phone.

It is a Transcend 32GB Class 10 card.
  6. lostsoul1

lostsoul1 Well-Known Member

well for a temp fix. I would try to move the pictures into whatever default file name is on the SD card for pics. Granted you shouldn't have to, but I dont know another way around it.. maybe someone else will chime in.