SD Card problemSupport

1. sjoneshereford

sjoneshereford New Member

Hi,

I've recently replaced my 2GB SD card in my P350 with a 16GB card, so that I can store more music on my phone.

The card seems to be working fine - I can mount, unmount the SC card as normal, and add music files to it,etc., but when I go over 2Gb in used capacity, ALL additional mp3 files seem to get corrupted; they are added to the unknown artists group and refuse to play.

ALL my mp3's are 100% fine - if I delete some files and stay below 2Gb used, and recopy the previously "corrupted" files back to the disk, they import, register in my music player and play fine.

So... Is the issue phone, app or SD Card Related?

Can anyone help me solve this, so I can use the full !6Gb card capacity?

thanks in advance,
    Steve.

Advertisement
    :
  2. AndyOpie150

AndyOpie150 <strong> <a href="http://androidforums.com/optimus Contributor

Did you buy it over the internet? On E bay maybe? Some of the cards on E Bay have been hacked and a 2GB or 4GB card is somehow made to look like (Properties) a bigger GB card than it is when a PC or phone is reading it's capacity.

This sounds like what you have, right?
    This is why I don't purchase any thing that doesn't come straight from the manufacturer.
  3. sanman1978

sanman1978 Member

If I copy all files from one sd to another will the apps still remain that i used apps to sd and everything still work as normal?
  4. sjoneshereford

sjoneshereford New Member

I purchased the card from Amazon... I can read the card on a PC and Mac and can fill the disc entirely with 15Gb of music....

BUT only the first 2Gb I copied will be recognised by the Music Players...
  5. AndyOpie150

AndyOpie150 <strong> <a href="http://androidforums.com/optimus Contributor

Yes. But to be on the safe side, download App Tyrant from the market. It wall put all the apk's (this is what is initially downloaded and then installed from the market) in a folder on the sd card. In case something happens to your apps on your phone all you have to do is download the one app and install the apk's from that. It does not save the data just yet ( what level you achieved in a game, etc.)

Just Wednesday I was doing a pre-ROM installation wipe and format and did the unthinkable. I wiped my SD card (trying to multitask and wasn't paying as close attention to what I was doing). Not to fear, I had saved everything to a folder on my PC. Put it into recovery mode and selected the proper options on the sd card and then transferred everything including the new ROM and Gapps to the SD card. Then went about the install procedure.

Moral of the story is back up everything to your PC in case something. happens. I just had to update a lot of apps because I had made the backup folder a month ago.
  6. johnkylejv

johnkylejv New Member

i reset my lg me p350, the problem is i cannot access my sd card
  7. johnkylejv

johnkylejv New Member

thanks for the reply