SD card problemSupport

1. neo21180

neo21180 New Member

Recently after playing a game on my phone,wildfire s,which is rooted n currently running stock ROM. I used RAM manager pro to free RAM space,immediately I had a notification saying SD card removed unexpectedly, on clicking it asked me to format which I did but nothing happened n I went on with my work... only to notice all apps moved to SD become undetected. I switched off the device n did a couple of restarts but now the SD card is not being detected by my PC nor any of my devices.
    Its a SanDisk 8 GB SD card hc 4. I can't afford to lose the data on it nor the SD card. please help if can by letting me know how to make get it detected

NB: I had the same problem a few months back when I had switched the phone off n took out the sd card n I had the same notification but after a restart it was ok but this time even after 10restarts the undetectable problem persist. I look forward for some valuable help ASAP!

Advertisement
    :
  2. Brian706

Brian706 Moderator Moderator

Before doing anything else, I would suggest running an sd data recovery program. Something like this, to see if you can recover any of your data. I'm afraid that all your apps, are missing because they aren't there anymore. :/ Unless it is somehow different with your phone, usually formatting a card means you are also erasing all the data.. It would be a good idea to back up an sd card before formatting if possible!

I wish I had some magical advice for you. :( I have a 32 gb card and would be so screwed if anything happened to it. It's a pain, but I try to back it up every now and then just in case. I just hope that you can recover all or some of your data...

I can't really explain this on a technical level, but cameras also format cards but they don't really get everything. They leave stuff behind that can be recovered back into what used to be there. Hopefully your formatted card is in a similar state.

Good luck! I'll keep my fingers crossed.