SD card problemSupport

Last Updated:

1. greyhead79

greyhead79 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Apologies if this has been answered before, but I'm a newbie to both Android phones and this forum.

I received a new Desire yesterday from T-Mobile and everything was fine. I ran the battery out so obviously the phone turned off, but when I turned the phone back on today it decided that the SD card was damaged. It's a card I've had for around eight months, a Sandisk 4GB one. I put it back in my old phone (a Samsung Tocco Lite) and it works absolutely fine in that, everything is accessible.

So I thought that maybe I could plug the Desire into my PC with the USB cable and see if I could take the data off the SD card, format the card and then copy everything back to it (I'd read that formatting the card with the phone makes it work again). Except it won't connect. I get the icon telling me that drive G: is available (this must be the card), but when I try to access it, my PC tells me that I need to insert a disk and try again. So maybe it's just because of the card, right? Wrong. I also tried it with the card supplied with the Desire and although the phone reads this, the PC still won't. What's happening here? Like I say, I'm a complete newbie to Android so please be sure to use small words :D

Advertisement
  2. greyhead79

greyhead79 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Ah, never mind, I stumbled upon a solution. I put the card in my old phone and performed a chkdsk on it. Found and fixed a ton of errors! Put the card back in the Desire and it works fine again.

However I've read that the SD card apparently becoming "damaged" happens a lot, anyone figured out why?