SD card problems when i reflashed kaosfroyo from white widow 4.6

Last Updated:

1. emunny

emunny Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Problems with sd card when i reflashd kaosfroyo after i wiped ww 4.6. was i supposed to fix the sd card again, was there more stuff i had to wipe, really confused

Advertisement
  2. Hatchna

Hatchna Active Member

What did you format your SD card to? Is it formatted FAT or FAT32? As long as your SD card is not damaged, it should read a FAT32 partition just fine.

3. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

Care to share? In the future, someone else having the same problem might find your information useful.

4. emunny

i reformated the card, rerooted, installed everything fine than i loaded kaos again and it said the same thing about my sd i know its not damaged cause it worked when i went back to stock hmmmmm confused and i think im gonna not root until i figure this out.
    And i dont remember if it was fat or fat32

5. emunny

Ok I had partitioned my sd card to run White Widow 4.6 it was working fine than i wanted kaosfroyo again so i wiped and reflashed it. I wasnt sure if I had to reformat my card back to stock, so I didnt the rom ran fine but kept saying sd card not readable so i just went back to stock via RUU. That worked fine had to reformat my card once stock reloaded did that, sd card was fine than re rooted and flashed kaos again and same problem occured withe the sd card not being readable. What do I do please somebody help i went back to stock again and i wont root till this gets figured out

6. emunny

One thing im confused about is how does my sd card work fine when i went back to stock via RUU and than it doesnt work after i root and flash a rom cause kaosfroyo didnt need a partitioned card for it to work. hmmm

7. roscuthiii

roscuthiii Well-Known Member

Looks like you have a partitioning issue... Froyo and the 2.1 ROMS handle A2SD (apps stored on the SD card) differently.

Froyo doesn't require the SD card to be partitioned while the WW 4.6 does.

I believe that in order to change that you'll have to power down your phone and do a Vol. Down + Power(End) in order to to access the partitioning options.
    There's a bit more to it than just that... search around the forums and I'm sure one of the members more knowlegable than I either have answered this question, or can answer it.

Good luck.

8. es0tericcha0s

es0tericcha0s Well-Known Member

Yep, partition issue. Not a big deal really. Just make sure to back up your SD card onto your computer. Reboot into recovery and select Partition. You want to set the Swap and Ext to 0 and the phone will reformat the whole card in Fat32 format and viola, time to rock Froyo. A little inconvenient possibly, but it is what it is and is not a developer issue. Hope this helps.

emunny likes this.
  9. emunny

ok i backed up with nand wiped the phones data and Dalvik Cache flashed the rom than partitioned the sd on what you said rebooted and.... it worked no more sd problems thanks sh... worked like a charm. i love this site

10. es0tericcha0s

es0tericcha0s Well-Known Member

Glad it worked out for you. Time to enjoy the goodness that is 2.2!