1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

SD card problems.Support

1. SLAYFIELD1

SLAYFIELD1 Member

I have a HTC Wildfire S and am having some issues with the Micro SD card. The Samsung 2GB card that came with the phone works fine but was not large enough so I purchased a SanDisk 4GB card. When my phone is writing data to the card I get a notification saying "SD Card unexpectedly removed" and I have to unplug it and then put it back in.

I thought that there must be some kind of a fault with the card and so today I purchased a SanDisk 8GB ultra HCSD card, but to my dismay this card is also having the same issue. If I connect the card directly to a PC it works absolutely fine, but writing data to the card through the phone results in the "unexpectedly removed" message.

Does anyone perhaps have any ideas as to what is causing this to happen and how to solve the problem preferably without having to purchase yet another SD card? Thanks.

Advertisement
    :
  2. CafeKampuchia

CafeKampuchia Well-Known Member

Hmmmm... I've never had an error like that. Try a different brand and if that doesn't cut it, the phone's SD reader must be faulty. Btw, the card that came with it should be a Samsung.
  3. SLAYFIELD1

SLAYFIELD1 Member

The card that came with the phone was a Samsung 2GB card which works fine, the problem only appears when using a different card.

I've done a bit of googling and it seems that it is quite a common problem that I'm just going to have to put up with. It's just really annoying when I'm trying to download music and stuff.
  4. CafeKampuchia

CafeKampuchia Well-Known Member

BTW, I'm using a Kingston Class 4 16GB card with no problems.
  5. Caro332

Caro332 Well-Known Member

I have the same as Cafekampuchia and never had a problem. I guess it must be a brand problem
  6. The Fulwell

The Fulwell Member

I'm using a SanDisk 8GB card without any problems.

Having said that, HTC replaced my original phone under warranty as it failed to read the SD card, despite the reader being replaced.
  7. jamesbil

jamesbil Well-Known Member

I had a similar prob with a card, seems it just doesnt like some, especially the cheap ones off ebay.
  8. rinoardianto

rinoardianto New Member

I have typicaly problem..please need help..
  9. Akmalswat

Akmalswat New Member

i have also the same issue as SLAYFIELD1 have.

when i copy any data to the SD card using my phone it show that "SD card removed"
    will this problem be solved by purchasing another good quality SD card..
    can any one help..
  10. jubair07

jubair07 Well-Known Member

I dont have much experience with android phones, but so far as I know, I have seen people formatting their card to FAT32 file system. The original Sd-Card has FAT32 file system probably in all or most android phones.

The reason it works in windows cos any file system works in windows. But maybe only FAT32 file system works in android phones. So, if they are not formatted to FAT32 file system yet, maybe thats the problem.

When you format, be careful cos FAT and FAT32 file system are different and not same.
    Akmalswat likes this.
  11. 8754wx

8754wx Member

i have the same issue with my San Disk 16Gb Sd card which i purchased from HTC direct as they were the cheapest at the time. more so noticeable if i want to use the camera.
    Any suggestions
  12. Akmalswat

Akmalswat New Member

my SD card problem is solved. yesterday i purchased a KINGSTON CLASS 4 8GB micro SD card and now my phone is working fine.

thanks for the useful info from all of u...
  13. 8754wx

8754wx Member

does the card need to SDHC or just SD?
    My SanDisk that came from the HTC accessory shop is 16GB looks like class 4 and is alos SDHC, I have contacted them and they are sending out a replacement card as the original 2GB Samsung card works fine.
  14. madsrac

madsrac New Member

Hello, i have the same problem from yesterday, after installing some aplications on my phone. It works fine for 1 week and from yesterday I need to pull out the card and put back to recognize it. I got restore the phone to factory settings, format the sd card, the same problem, update the software to 2.3.5 and the same.
    If it was the sd card I should have the problem from the first time, not?
    I was loking for this problem on forums, but I got no solution.

Problem solved, a new 16gb card and everything is ok!
  15. arnab0603099

arnab0603099 New Member

This is a ridiculous problem. HTC wildfire S says that, it supports upto 32 GB memory. But SanDisk mobile ultra 8GB does not work at all. when i try to take a snap with the camera or try to synchronize music from PC it always shows "SD card removed unexpectedly"

Updating phone software version, changing the memory card is no help at all.

Please help me about this.

Or have i wasted my money totally?
  16. Caro332

Caro332 Well-Known Member

If changing the memory card was no help, then my guess is that's it's more a hardware problem. If you have your warranty, get it checked by the HTC people.
  17. john483

john483 New Member

Hi I'm having the same problem with a 16gb Sandisk SD card. Everything OK until I use the camera or go to Gallery then I get the SD card removed message or similar message. HELP !!!
  18. Ufanur

Ufanur New Member

Googling forums we can see that "SD card unexpectedly removed" is a common problem for HTC smartphones.
    I wrote about that to HTC support and got an answer: "Unfortunately we don't recommend for this devise cards higher than class 6"
    I think, it is quite disgraceful :( for HTC, but this is an explanation and a way of solving the problem - to get class 6 card.
  19. zincpl

zincpl New Member

Thanks, I had the same problems with a class 10 sandisk ultra. I wish they made that class 6 recommendation a bit more obvious.
  20. jamesbil

jamesbil Well-Known Member

just got a Kingmax 16gb card and it works fine straight out of the box..
  21. Flayre1

Flayre1 New Member

I have the same Issue with a SanDisk 8GB Class 4 micro SD - I was browsing about and found a possible solution. It says shut down your phone, insert card, wait for it to mount so program's can be ran from the card. Then immediately unmount the card and remove it.
    Finally replace the card and all should be well.

I am trying it out on a SD heavy program right now and will let you know if it fails.
    Good luck

-flayre1
  22. MrBluffer

MrBluffer Member

I had the same problem..I was using Transcend 4Gb Class 4 Memory Card..I went to the Service Center..Immediately the said that after software Updates htc doesn't support Transcend memory card..nd they suggested me to use Samsung or what ever u want..then i tried Samsung..It works fyn nw..

Bt when i see other replies stating that they ve problm with Sandisk..even Samsung..i don't ve idea abt these issues...
  23. Feroz07

Feroz07 New Member

Found a simple Solution to this issue ,,, No matter what card or phone u are using ,,, simply RUN a Scheduked update on your handset ,,, That means updating the latest available firmware update for your handset and Wooopsss ur issue willl be fixed....