1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

SD card problemsSupport

1. doctormani

doctormani New Member

My SD CARD recently has been giving me some issues. It has worked fine since I got the phone in 1 week ago. I went to access my pictures yesterday and as they started popping up, an SD card picture popped up and said please insert SD card. No pictures could be accessed. I went to phone and SD storage and it said my SD card was unmounted. I went to mount it when I saw this, pressed mount, started to mount and stopped all of a sudden. Now I have an icon of an SD card with a question mark in my taskbar. The message says" SD card damaged. You may have to reformat it." When I go to reformat it, it gives me the message "external media in unknown state". Any ideas?

Advertisement
    :
  2. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

Did you recently connect the phone to your PC via USB cable?

If so, on your PC you might not unmounted the SD as USB storage before disconnecting the phone.

Like a thumb drive could be harmed when removing without unmounting it on PC.

Harry
  3. SiempreTuna

SiempreTuna Well-Known Member

Yeah - you might want to try the SD card in a PC card reader before you reformat it.

It's possible a PC could recover some of the files from the SD card. Reformatting means you lose everything on there (unless you have some sophisticated recovery tools).
  4. UKNewbie

UKNewbie Well-Known Member

I have been having problems with a 32 Gig Misco SD card
    It suddenly came up with 'faulty SD, read only'
    When I googled it it seems this not an uncommon problem with 32 gig cards iin phones.
    Fortunately I sync regularly and lost no data. Having to redownload apps was a pain but nothing was lost.
    I have switched to a 8 gig card and hope that this will work more reliably

The odd things was when I tried the card in my camera it worked fine