SD card problems?Support

Last Updated: 2013-08-06 15:26:02
  1. atmasters

atmasters Well-Known Member

I just purchased a scandisk 32g class1 SD card from Costco yesterday and I am getting a message once in awhile saying my SD card has been unmounted ?? Is there something I am supposed to be doing when I put the card in ?? never had this problem on my S2.

Advertisement
  2. atmasters

So my card works for a bit then does not work. I wonder if I got a bunk card ? Hope not since I do not live anywhere near a Costco :(
  3. Goodspike

Goodspike Well-Known Member

I had issues with a 64gb sandisc card from Amazon and ended up returning it and replacing it with a 32 gb samsung card.

I think san disc may be having quality control issues.
  4. atmasters

So you think it would be the SD card? It seems to be working right now it seems to be really intermittent
  5. m3incorp

m3incorp Well-Known Member

There has been a few people lately that are having problems with SanDisc, though mostly it has been with the 64GB card. I have the 32GB and no issues (knock on wood). I would take it back to Costco to return it for another one. I love there generally no hassle return policy for situations like this.
    atmasters likes this.
  6. Goodspike

My problems were intermittent, and varied. Some files would disappear, or never show up after being copied. The card would become unmounted. Formatting would complete with a size of 0GB. So far I've had no issues with the Samsung card.
  7. Goodspike

I like Costco, and even bought my S4 there, but I don't generally get electronics at Costco, even with their superior warranty. Their prices and selection are not typically that good, but also, it's hard to beat Amazon's return system. Just print a return label and go to your nearest UPS Store. Lately they haven't even been waiting for the product to be returned to credit my account.
    atmasters likes this.
  8. GrouchoM

GrouchoM Well-Known Member

I have the same card and I'm experiencing the same issue as the OP. I guess it's time to bring the card back to Costco for an exchange.
  9. atmasters

ya will give try this card in our camera and go for a samsung card I think. Costco is to far away for me to return it right now. Oh well cant win them all thanks for all the support
  10. Goodspike

In any case it's probably a two step process, because getting a new card from Costco might result in the same issue. I barely would have enough patience to return one card to Costco. It I had to do it twice I'd probably end up eating the cost of the card.