• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help SD Card Problems

shywingz

Lurker
Oct 10, 2013
Hey Guys! I'm new here, So I dunno if im doing this right, pleas tell me if im not!~ Anyway, My Xperia GO is getting Kinda annoying now. I find that things get deleted off of my 32gb Samsung micro SD card after transferring stuff. For instance I copy a 4gb 12 episode series folder into my micro sd card through the mini usb cable and I check my phone and the folder is empty?! It gets really annoying as it takes a while for things to copy across. I know there is no problems with my micro sd card as it works perfectly on the computer. Also Androzip lists the SD card as 3.98GB? but the phone settings and my computer also list it as 32gb? Could be an app mistake but i dunno~ If you can help then please do :) Also, Anyone planning on getting the Xperia Z1f that is being released in Japan? Hopefully it becomes an international item! 5inch Xperia Z1 is just too big, So the iphone 5 sized Z1f is perfect imo. Plus its got almost the exact same specs~!!

Looks as if it's a 32GB card with 1 4GB partition and nothing else, so you can't put a 4GB file on it.

Put the card in the computer, run (assuming Windows) Computer Management/Storage/Disk Management. If that "drive" has only 1 4GB partition, create another partition on the rest of it and format it as FAT32. (Or, if you have nothing on it, you could delete the 4GB partition, create a 32GB partition and format that to FAT32.)

Upvote 0
I checked like you said to, I formatted my SD card with fat 32 as well. The drive said "31.25GB" Fat 32"
"Healthy (Active, Primary Partition"

And that was the only Partition there... After I formatted I loaded my stuff back on, along with a series of anime totaling to 8gb. The I safely removed and plugged the sd card into my phone, I went into Androzip and the folder was completely gone. Also, not sure if it has anything to do with it, but when I send files over with airdroid, airdroid on the internet says my sd card is only 3.98GB? Androzip also says "# of space of 3.98GB total space".

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones