• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Couple questions about the sd card for the s5.

Have a 64gb SanDisk card and I'm running into some interesting situations perhaps someone could help.

After downloading a movie or TV show for example I try to move the files from my device to the sd card. However more often then not I find that once i move the containing folder the files either don't transfer in full or the file simply stops working.

Trying to get things to download directly to the SD card as I'm sure you guys know. There really isn't a lot of space for memory on the device itself. However I can't find any settings in apps or on phone that'll allow me to do so.

Anyone run into this issue or something similar? Know s work around by any chance?

I also have an S5 with a 64Gb SD card. When I transfer files I go into MyFiles and then open local storage. Browse to where the files you want to move are and touch the 3 dots at the top right. It will give you the option to select. Select the file you want to move. Touch the 3 buttons on the top right and you should see an option to move the file to where ever you want including the SD card. This is what I've done and it worked as expected.

Upvote 0
Just so you all know, I have read tons of forums where people with SANDISK sd cards have issues with samsung phones (all the way back to the S2 and up to the S5). I myself have always used Kingston cards and never had one issue. I went with a friend to bestbuy and he bought a brand new 32GB SANDISK card for his S5. Nothing but problems. Card would unmount for no reason. Files would go missing. Then he went and got a 32GB kingston card and every problem went away. Be careful with SANDISK and Samsung. They dont play well together.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones