• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help SD Card read only

Help, I formatted my SD Card and then created a partition in GParted (512mb and 14gb) but now my phone can't mount the SD Card meaning that I can't install a new ROM from the card.

My phone is in a continuous loop now so I can't get into it, any help really appreciated!

Also, my 14gb partition was root so I had access to everything but the 512mb wasn't root so I couldn't change anything on that partition, how do I make it root?

Upvote 0
It's definitely the SD Card, just put my 4gb one in my phone and works fine, I get the following error message when Windows 7 tried to access the card:

The following error occurred, while finding pictures and videos to import.

The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable.
I tried troubleshooting but it couldn't find a problem, typical Windows, telling there's a problem but then telling me it can't find a problem :D

It's only loading as ready only btw.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones