SD card reading issueSupport

Last Updated:

1. Gareee

Gareee Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm having more new app install issues. My sd card shows it has 6.5 gig free, but I cannot install to it from marketplace.

If I unmount, I can install to the phones memory, but then I also cannot move apps to the sd card.

Obivously something if going on with the sd card.. any ideas how to resolve an issue like this?

Advertisement
  2. Gareee

Anyone have any advice about how to correct this? Maybe copy the card files, refomat, and then put them back?

3. digdug1

digdug1 Well-Known Member

most apps are not capable of storing on the sd card. it is up to the dev to allow the app to be stored there unless you are rooted.

4. Gareee

I'm still having app install issues. If I download something large from market, say, pocket legends for example, and try to install it, the install fails. If I unmount my sd card and then try it, the install works fine.

(Small apps don't appear to be an issue, just large ones.)

Also, I cannot of course install a large game from my sd card any longer either.

I've backed up all the sd card files, reformatted it, put everything back, and still have the same issue.

Also, is there a way to move an apk to the phone memory for install, as a temp workaround? I have file explorer and astro, but don;t see how to move things to the phone memory from the sd card.