1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

SD Card Reading IssuesSupport

1. appleaj

appleaj Well-Known Member

From time to time my SD card will appear to kind of stop working. I noticed this when my ringtone would revert to a stock Verizon one or I wouldn't be able to see some of my photos, which are on this SD card. Although I can't see these in their respective areas (ringtone settings or gallery), I can still browse through the SD card in a file manager and see all of those files. So then I have to go into settings, unmount and re-mount it (the 16GB card).

Have any of you had this issue?

Advertisement
    :
  2. denmalley

denmalley Well-Known Member Contributor

I have issues with the music app losing it's songs every once on a while (which are stored on the SD. I usually reboot to restore the list, but next time maybe I'll try the unmount/remount option to see if that works.

Agreed though, if we have the same issue it is certainly an annoyance.
  3. pragmatous

pragmatous Well-Known Member

Hmm it's not the class speed.

https://motorola-global-portal.cust...~/android-devices-and-memory-card-speed-rates

I thought I read some where android doesn't support sd cards faster than class 4. That's not it tho.

Use your sd card in another device and see if you get the same problem could be just a bad sd card.

4. denmalley

Resurrecting this thread. I am now seeing this happen on a regular basis. It is also affecting my pictures, and unmount/remount will not fix. I have to restart my phone which takes about 5 minutes. This is very annoying, does anyone know of a fix for this issue?
  5. Musky

Musky Well-Known Member

I had this happen with my Dinc. I downloaded "SDrescan" and hit that whenever I had a problem and it fixed it immediately.

SDrescan | AppBrain Android Market

Hope it helps!
    denmalley and daffy113 like this.
  6. daffy113

daffy113 Well-Known Member

denmalley and Musky like this.
  7. denmalley

Absolutely ridiculous that you should need an app to do this. But thanks.;)