1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

SD Card Recovery SoftwareSupport

1. SuperCK

SuperCK Member

Hello

I am new to the forum and need some assistance. I currently have the Galaxy S4 for 2 weeks. When I switch from the Droid Charge to S4 i put my SD card into my new phone. I was able to see all of my picture. During the week I was able to see all of my pictures on the new phone then on saturday 6/8 half of my pictures disappeared. I called Verizon and of course they provided no help saying its a corrupt sd card. Is there any free recovery software I can use to scan my sd card to recovery my pictures. Any help will be appreciated.

Thank You

Advertisement
    :
  2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Hello SuperCK. It looks like you've waited over two years after joining to be welcomed back to Android Forums. :) Welcome back. :D

There are applications in the Play Store which seek to resolve the issue you have, but I'd first try a few different approaches:

There are two possibilities regarding the data on your external sd card. The first is that the system in your S4 detected some of the data as needing to be stored in the "internal sd card," which is designated "sdcard0" on JellyBean OS.

Go into your "my files" app and tap the "all files" menu selection, then "sdcard0." In there you'll see a list of folders including dcim and media, etc. Search around; you may find the missing pictures/data there.

If not, perhaps the files are still on the external sd card. If you've been unable to see them in the gallery app or the "my files" app, try using an adapter to look at the sd card contents on your computer. The other way is with the USB cable that came with the charging apparatus with your phone.

Good luck. Let us know how things go.
  3. SuperCK

SuperCK Member

Hello

This is what I did so far. I removed my SIM card and placed it into a card reader and attached it to my computer. On my PC I unhide the following

- show hidden files, folders and drives
    -unhide empty drives in the computer folder

I went thru all folders and could not find anything.

/storage/emulated/0
    /storage/ExtStcard

I also looked at the device while the SIM card was inserted into the phone.

Please let me know if there is anything else I need to try.
  4. alisakatherine

alisakatherine New Member

I guess that your photos are more valuable, so if you find the one helps you. You better recover your photos first. If you do not have one in mind, you may try the SD Card Recovery software that helped me last time.
  5. neethuliza

neethuliza Member

Is the SD Card Recovery software free .. if not can some one suggest me a free software to recover my contacts from internal memory after format. Please its urgent