SD card removed itself?Support

Last Updated:

1. m0n!c@

m0n!c@ New Member This Topic's Starter

Anyone else having this issue with Optimus?

Advertisement
  2. jen8112

jen8112 Well-Known Member

3. richierrs

richierrs New Member

I have the optimus s and im having the same problem. pisses me off cuz its a great phone :(

4. Rhanebeaux

Rhanebeaux New Member

5. jtcady

jtcady Well-Known Member

It's not the phone. Either a bad batch of cards or they were formatted wrong. Just buy a sandisk sd and it should go away.

6. apinkel

apinkel Well-Known Member

I don't know that anyone knows the exact cause yet.

Some folks have reformatted the card and it's cleared up the issue, for others the problem returns after a period of time. Others have swapped out the card which has cleared up the issue, for others the problem returns. It may be related to the card getting corrupted when connecting/disconnecting from a PC over USB but noone has been able to nail anything down for certain yet (at least that I've heard).

From all indications there's no clear solution.

I've been lucky. I haven't had this problem yet. If it's any help, here's what I've done to date. I swapped out the stock card for a 4GB sandisk, I unmounted and reformatted the card on the phone and I always use the "safely remove hardware" function in windows when I have the phone connected in mass storage mode. I also almost never connect to my PC anymore via USB... I use dropbox to sync files between my phone and my pc.

7. Ma}{imus

Ma}{imus Well-Known Member

I've exchanged my phone because of this issue and continuous boot loops. With the new device I haven't had the issue anymore. I followed the formatting directions before exchanging and it didn't clear up. Loving the new one though.

8. jmasucci

jmasucci New Member

This isnt true no matter how many times people say it in every forum. Every card manufacturer I can think of has same issue. Mine happens to be sandisk but my coworker has some off-brand chinese crap and it has the same issue. This sd card worked on 3 phones before this flawlesslly

9. tigagreen

tigagreen New Member

I've had my Optimus a month and it just started last week, it has happened three times now. No new apps have been loaded in the last three weeks.

I never power off the phone and yesterday I noticed I wasn't getting any pop mail for about three days, (google and Yahoo mail was fine). Powered down and restarted cleared the mail problem.

I think it's a memory leak or something similar, I'm going to try and restart each morning to see what happens.

Do love the phone though...

Tigagreen

10. Ma}{imus

I had this problem non stop when I got my optimus s from Best Buy. Eventually my device started going into continuous boot loops and locking up multiple times a day. I cruised the forums and did the whole reformat thing to no avail. I eventually got fed up and had Best Buy replace the device. It's been a week now and no sd or freezing issues. Fingers crossed.

UPDATE I started having sd issues again and bought a new class 4 sd card and formatted it on my computer before putting out in my phone. So far no issues.

11. jtcady

jtcady Well-Known Member

Well I returned my optimus and got another one. All was well and then it finally did it, so i formatted the card from the phone and so far so good.

EDIT: I spoke too soon. It has been doing it again and it has to be the SD card. It could just be a bad batch cause i hardly doubt its the phone.

12. Btandjkeb

Btandjkeb New Member

I had the same problem but when I switched to a new sd card it hasn't done it since. Now I just need to know how to delete email from the trash folder all at once. I just deleted 512 emails one by one otherwise the phone force quits.

13. ruriimasu

ruriimasu Well-Known Member

did your new sd card solve the issue? the same problem is annoying me, sometimes preparing sd card.. that is still fine with me but when sd card is detected as removed that annoyed me.

14. EBXXXMAXX

EBXXXMAXX New Member

Yes it will over on the sprint forums. LG has reported that the samsung sd card that sprint put in it is not compatable. you just need to change it out with one that is. I used a san disk one and no more problems.

15. Jessicalt1

Jessicalt1 Well-Known Member

I came over from the hero and took my 4Gb Sandisk card out of that phone and put it into my phone. Never used the SD card that came with it and it removes itself all the time. So it's not the SD card. It worked perfectly in my Hero.

16. Ma}{imus

I think it does have something to do with the interface between the phone and the sd card. If you use a freshly formatted class 4 or higher card that should do the trick.

17. reddjeep88

reddjeep88 Member

My wifes phone was doing the unmount thing. I formatted an old 2 gb SanDisc card from another phone and she hasn't had a problem since! They never will, but I think that Sprint should offer up a free replacement card to Optimus users.