SD card removed unexpectedlySupport

Last Updated: 2012-05-30 15:55:03
  1. skalka

skalka Member

In one week of heavily usage I've seen that this error occurs with some apps or options that do use the sd card.
    Two examples given:
    1 - Try to exchange some message with whatsapp, this app isn't stored on the sd, you can't do it, but it saves a backup file on it.
    2 - Try to set as background image and/or lockscreen image some image that you have on sd card and not bundles images on the phone.

In these cases I can get sda issue several times during a day of use.

Let me know if you spot something following these steps.
  2. phfire

phfire Well-Known Member

I moved my sms, browser, IM apps to phone memory and reformated my sdcard. Running good for several hrs now.
  3. viperbeam28

viperbeam28 Member

Mine is occuring once my phone enters in idle mode - and when i lock the screen. The error notification comes back around 5min or so.. SD card remove unexpectedly. :(
  4. phfire

phfire Well-Known Member

Almost a day now of regular use without problems. Seems like reformatting the card did help. :)
  5. viperbeam28

viperbeam28 Member

I've tried formating my SD card also.. and after an hour or so the error still occured.. phfire did you try to lock your phone using swipe code? im sure when the screen turns off wait for an hour or so the error will occur.
  6. haianoop

haianoop Member

I have tried some steps as said above, but error was not coming :)
    hope its gone. ( I have changed my sd card to 4gb sandisk).
    I think formatting the card with windows (FAT) may help to get rid of this error, otherwise try a new sd card
  7. phfire

phfire Well-Known Member

I'm not using any locking code, however the problem still persist after i received a missed call on Viber. I moved the app to my phone memory now and will see how it goes.
  8. phfire

phfire Well-Known Member

Now running well after installing sdcard boost. The app helps in applying the fix instead of using root explorer. :)
  9. viperbeam28

viperbeam28 Member

I also used sdcard boost but error still occur. Anyways I'll try to buy a 4gb sandisk sd card for the last resort. >.<
  10. viperbeam28

viperbeam28 Member

kies firmware update for the bug version of the 2.3.6 is now available..
  11. harterae86

harterae86 New Member

I just updated my phone. I wish no more annoying error will occur again.. cross finger. heheeh
  12. haianoop

haianoop Member

It is kies sw update rit(on dec2)?
    Nothing to do with android firmware...
  13. viperbeam28

viperbeam28 Member

I updated my firmware 2.3.6 with the fix 2.3.6 DXKK4 update release via kies and the SD card error is fix now. problem solve. ^_^
  14. haianoop

haianoop Member

hi viperbeam28,

when i got the mob my version (as shown on mob baseband )was : DDKI7
    after update its: DDKJ2.
    and now kies shows my firmware is latest.
    cant get what is DXKK4....is your settings shows that?
    plz reply.
  15. nimpravi

nimpravi New Member

hi viperbeam28,

Me too have the same concern. In kies I am not finding fix 2.3.6 DXKK4 update. Please help me how to update to fix 2.3.6 DXKK4 update. My firmware is now 2.3.6: DDKJ2..

Please reply..
  16. himu4630

himu4630 Active Member

I am using 16 gb class 4 sandisk sdhc .it is ok.
  17. skalka

skalka Member

Does anyone knows why Kies doesn't show 2.3.6 firmware for me? It tells me that my version is upgraded but I'm still on 2.3.5 (XXKI9). I would like to upgrade and see if the sd card issue is really solved. Thanks for your help.
  18. Ellis456

Ellis456 Well-Known Member

Same with me skalka, still says latest is 2.3.5, I think it's carrier specific, I read some will release it early next year or maybe wait will 2.3.7. I check everyday but always says I have the latest.
  19. revanthchdg

revanthchdg Active Member

Just try downloading the latest version of Kies from here http://org.downloadcenter.samsung.c...8/20110825092847825/Kies_2.1.0.11112_41_7.exe

And then try another time if fails, try again n again!!

or from here Welcome to Your New Smart Life - Galaxy Y - Smartphone - Mobile Phone | SAMSUNG

Both are Same
  20. revanthchdg

revanthchdg Active Member

Just try downloading the latest version of Kies from here http://org.downloadcenter.samsung.c...8/20110825092847825/Kies_2.1.0.11112_41_7.exe

And then try another time if fails, try again n again!!

or from here Welcome to Your New Smart Life - Galaxy Y - Smartphone - Mobile Phone | SAMSUNG

Both are Same:p
    Ellis456 likes this.
  21. Spine123

Spine123 Active Member

original version for 2.3.6 reads DXKJ3. If you update it using kies it will become DXKK4.

I was wondering where did you get your upgrade from 2.2 to 2.3?
    Mine was update by kies.
  22. Ellis456

Ellis456 Well-Known Member

My Y came with 2.3.5 from shop. revanthchdg thanks but I have the latest kies still same issue.
  23. talan

talan New Member

exactly ... i bought my phone a day b4 yesterday .. nothing on tht day .. but after i installed hell lot of apps .. this problem started ..
  24. blackperl

blackperl Member

DX - Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Vietnam

sp that's update is basically not for India,for India latest is still DDKJ2
    if your forcefully update ,then Endup unofficial s/w version and not able to update with kies anymore :(

see here http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-y/437336-galaxy-y-gt-s5360-original-firmware-files.html
    haianoop likes this.
  25. himu4630

himu4630 Active Member

Today the problem occours to me . 16 gb sandisk. class 4.
    2.3.5 and DDK17.