sd card root directory?General

Last Updated: 2011-07-16 18:57:05
  1. mh68

mh68 Well-Known Member

Ok, this may sound like a stupid question, but where is the root directory on the thunderbolts sd card? I downloaded the mr2 update and renamed it, but I can't find a root folder on the sd card to move it to. There is one on the phone, but it won't let me move it there. I've tried adao file manager and astro.

Advertisement
  2. Ibrick

Ibrick Well-Known Member

Just move it to the card, no subfolder.
  3. mh68

mh68 Well-Known Member

It's already on the card in the downloads folder. So just take it out of that folder right
  4. nkk

nkk Well-Known Member

In a linux (or unix in general) file system, root is the top of the hierarchy. So to say SD root is to say the topmost folder on the sdcard, which is just on the sd and not in a folder. your file path should be /mnt/sdcard/MyFile.filetype, where filetype is probably zip.

Now, I am going to say that if you did not know this, you probably should not be flashing things. I have said it before, but flashing/rooting without proper and thorough research is just dumb and not advisable.

-Nkk
  5. mh68

mh68 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the explanation. That's what I was thinking, but wanted to make sure I was right.
  6. guitarbite747

guitarbite747 New Member

How do you expect to learn? did you know exactly what you were doing when you first rooted your phone?