1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Support SD card selection

1. gloriousnumber1

gloriousnumber1 Well-Known Member

I have used the same 16 GB Micro SD card that I got with my original Droid 3 years ago. A few months ago when I had my RAZR Maxx, I bought a 32 GB class 10 Micro SD card at Costco for $30. I figured it would work great. Then it caused errors and made my phone freeze up. I took it back and got a refund. Factory reset didn't even help. Problem was gone. With the larger pictures this phone takes, I want to get another 32GB card. How can I be sure this won't happen again?

Advertisement
  2. lotus49

lotus49 Well-Known Member

Your best bet is to buy a good quality class 10 micro SD card. I am about to buy one and my research has not found any problems with the Samsung class 10 64GB card so this is the one I intend to buy.

I had always thought SanDisk were good quality but there have been some duff batches of 32GB and 64GB cards causing users a lot of grief. SanDisk has owned up to this so I suggest you steer clear of these for the time being.
  3. Sierra255

Sierra255 Well-Known Member

Just bought a Samsung Class 10 64 GB card and haven't had any problems. I got it from amazon for around $50.
    gloriousnumber1 likes this.