SD card size?Support

Last Updated: 2013-07-01 00:34:15
  1. jamisles02

jamisles02 Well-Known Member

I'm going to finally upgrade to the Galaxy S4 in just over 3 weeks & I'm wondering what size micro-SD card should I get? I know that there has been phone memory issues and with the 13 megapixel camera that space will fill even quicker if I don't put them on the micro-sd. Currently have a 16gb micro-sd in my HTC Rezound and have about 10gb worth of songs on there, so how much bigger should I go?

Advertisement
  2. shmn

shmn Well-Known Member

Get a 64GB card. Why skimp? They are only about $50 or so. Stay away from SanDisk as they have had all sorts of problems unmounting on their own. Get a Samsung.
  3. jdCaptivate

jdCaptivate Well-Known Member

I have a Sandisk in mine. If you read the reviews on Amazon, there isn't any such mention of the UHC-1/Class 10 cards unmounting. Not sure, where you heard/read that.

If its this forum, after the phones and time I've spent on here, these forums, are primarily complaints. Rarely do people speak up/out to rave about something, but they'll certainly stand up on a soapbox to tear it down. So, every issue with the phone, seems blown up to grand proportions here, when in reality... its not widespread.

The SanDisk also smokes most everything in speed tests... consistently.

However, there IS a problem with counterfeit cards and some refurbs that were illegally relabled.

Again though... the SanDisk are great cards, with a great history of being stable/reliable memory storage options. You can get the 32GB for about $28 and the 64GB for $50 - $53.
  4. lotus49

lotus49 Well-Known Member

There is a well-documented issue with some SanDisk cards. It's not just a bit of gossip on this site.

I always held SanDisk in high regard but there are a lot of stories about duff 32GB and 64GB SanDisk cards and SanDisk has admitted to producing some faulty batches and has reimbursed customers.

I have just ordered myself a 64GB card but I am playing it safe and went with Samsung and I advise you to do the same.
  5. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Sandisk 64 GB cards come certified as either UHS-1 or with a dual certification of UHS-1/Class 10.

You want the latter.

Hope this helps.