sd card space, root question

Last Updated:

1. boblongisfat

boblongisfat Member This Topic's Starter

I have a total of 1.84 GB of space on my SD card, 1.15GB of available space.

On my internal phone storage i have a total of 6.60 GB and 6.44 GB of available space.

I read on the 2.2 root thread that you need at least 2 GB of space on your SD card. If this is true, i don't want to brick my phone by trying to root it before i find out the issue and solution here.

Any help would be appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

Good question idk the exact answer regarding space required prior to root, but do know that the devs over at xda often comment on how low SD storage space can make things act bonkers.

I do know this...at your local electronics/pc store they have class 6 8GB SD cards going around $24. 16GB about double that.

3. Terabethia

Terabethia Well-Known Member

No, you really don't want to risk doing it without at least 2 gig's of available memory. Sadly a 2gig card won't even give you that, since a 2 gig card, once formated, is only 1.84.

You can go out and get yourself a 8 gig card for pretty cheap. Even the 16's are not that bad, I got mine for $20 after a mail in rebate.