SD card switch back

Last Updated:

1. ryanFbaby

ryanFbaby New Member This Topic's Starter

OK, so i just rooted my phone, i had to get the 2GB pny card from wally world and i have a bigger SD card id like to use but dont wanna lose my wifi tether, and ive heard you have to have the file on my pny to keep it, if theres a way to do this could someone pleased help me out. TYVM

Advertisement
  2. Bug Splat

Bug Splat Well-Known Member

No, you don't lose it if you installed it correctly following the video. I rooted with the OEM 2gb card and after I was done I put back in my 16gb card. Everything still works.

3. geoffd

geoffd Active Member

I can only wifi tether when the card I rooted with is in. If I put in my original 8GB card with the android.tether folder copied to it wifi tether doesn't work...

4. Bug Splat

Bug Splat Well-Known Member

Opps look like I spoke too soon. Just checked my 16gb card and I do have the android.tether folder in it. Just move the android.tether folder onto your new card. Thats what I did and it works.

5. g1701gst

g1701gst Well-Known Member

6. ryanFbaby

ryanFbaby New Member This Topic's Starter

Okay so how would I go about that? DO I have to just plug in my phone to my computer As a disk drive then copy it to the sd I want it on and that's it? THANKS again.