• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help SD card taking forever to scan.

CosmoQueen

Lurker
Mar 15, 2013
A couple days ago I added some music to my Connect and now it's scanning forever! So I figured I'd do what I did when I first got the phone to get it working which was to copy everything off, format it, and then put it back on. So I did that and still nothing! (it was still scanning for two days). Today I even bought a brand spankin new card and still all it does is scan forever.

What can I do?

Hmm I did all that and still nothing and it's been an hour. Should I wait longer? Or maybe try formatting the card again?

Could it possibly be something wrong with the phone? I called LG and guy suggested resetting the phone. He said it also could be a bad card reader and I'd have to send my phone to them for them to fix it. I really don't wanna resort to that, I need my phone with me :(

Upvote 0
A couple days ago I added some music to my Connect and now it's scanning forever! So I figured I'd do what I did when I first got the phone to get it working which was to copy everything off, format it, and then put it back on. So I did that and still nothing! (it was still scanning for two days). Today I even bought a brand spankin new card and still all it does is scan forever.

What can I do?

if it helps...I noticed the other day when I swapped my 32gb cards between my tf300t and LG Motion the Motion took nearly 15min to scan the nearly full 32gb card. I was shocked at the speed. My tablet does something similar but takes less than 3mins. And while I have the keyboard dock the external slot used was the MicroSD on the tablet not the SD slot in the dock.

I transferred about 24gb of video files from the tablet's (tf300t) internal SD memory and the inserted card which took close to 45mins. Again pretty astounded at the SLOW performance of the file subsystem. Not sure if it is an Android thing or that external or even larger internal SD type memory seems almost an after the fact bolt-on to the devices or OS. Either way it is sure unsettling the first time I tried this simple task, who knew it would take my entire lunch to watch it try and move files. So much for a "working lunch" last Thursday. ;) Glad I haven't opted for a 64gb or larger card...yet. :D

Oh, running 4.0.3 on the Motion & 4.2.1 on the tf300t.3

Anyway, ya ain't alone in seeing this and it doesn't appear to be device/brand specific.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones