SD Card TroubleSupport

Last Updated:

1. Hipnotik978

Hipnotik978 New Member This Topic's Starter

I'm kind of new with the G1 and I'm assuming this is probably a stupid question... I switched out my 8gb SD card from my old blackberry and tossed it into the G1 with the instructions via youtube. Installation went great as far as putting it in but now when I go into Settings > SD card & phone storage it is saying Total space unavailable :confused:. I believe I installed the SD card correctly, did the unmount/eject SD card pulled the card and installed the new one. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Advertisement
  2. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

About your SD ... copy all info on it to a Computers desktop folder.

Then Format the SD as FAT32 .. copy your stuff back onto the SD and you should be good to go..

3. Hipnotik978

When I insert the 8gb chip into the SD card it will not load on my computer, yet loads on my blackberry just fine. I put the 1gb chip into the SD and my computer picks it up no problem. Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Edit: I tried formatting the 8gb micro while in my blackberry but still will not load when inserted into the SD or the G1

4. Hipnotik978

I appologize for the brief summary but I did hook the BB up to the desktop and tried to format. Still nothing :mad: .. More detailed description that I have posted on another forum.......

I'm new to the forum and the G1 (former BB user) I am having a bit of trouble getting my 8gb card to work on the G1. The card is coming out of my blackberry so I realize I had to make a backup on my computer, then format the card. Problem is when I insert the micro into the SD it will not detect it on my computer(says no card is inserted)[​IMG], yet my blackberry has no problem reading the micro card.

I have put the 1gb card the G1 came with into the SD card and my computer had no problem detecting that card [​IMG] and I was able to search the card via my my computer. Unfortunately my 8gb card will not get picked up by the computer so I figured hook my BB up to the computer via USB and try to format it that way.. [​IMG]Still no good my computer won't pick up the 8gb card.

I'm at a complete loss right now as to what to do. Anybody have any ideas what my next step should be or should I just suck it up and get a 16gb?

5. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

Get a simple USB card reader/writer and put the 8GB card in it and formst it... FAT32 of course ...!!