SD card unavailable while chargingSupport

Last Updated:

1. dlander

dlander Member This Topic's Starter

As the title suggests, whenever I connect the phone to any PC for charging (and yes I am selecting the Charge Only option :)), the SD card becomes unavailable for the phone to use - e.g music playback stops etc.
    Is this just one of those 'features' I have to live with or am I missing something?
    Interestingly when I connect, even though I do select charge only, the PC still pops up with the usual Autorun options - I guess this is related but dont see how the PC should be able to recognise the card in charge mode? :confused:

Cheers
    Dave

Advertisement
  2. stueyboy

stueyboy Well-Known Member

have you tried setting it as a disk drive to see if it lets you access the card form your phone as it will still charge

3. dlander

Thanks for the reply, just given it a go, same result. However when I the changed the connection back to charge only everything was suddenly wonderful - PC can't see it and the phone can :D
    So it looks like whenever I need to charge via USB I will connect as a disk drive then change to charge only if I want to listen to music etc - its irritating, but I can live with it :)

Many thanks - now I can charge my new toy and block out the rest of the office at the same time!

Cheers

4. pk1209

pk1209 Well-Known Member

Did you tick the don't ask again box and then connect as disk drive? Prob your default now?

5. dlander

No, don't ask again option was ticked when I connected in charge only earlier.
    Just tried it again...plugged in, connected as charge only (default as confirmed on phone), but PC opens autorun dialogue and phone can't access card - change to disk drive followed by back to charge only and all is well :confused:

Never mind - its mildly irritating and confusing, but if thats the biggest problem I have with my new toy I'm very happy :cool:

6. tabsina

tabsina New Member

I just came across this thread while I was trying to find the answer to the same problem - and I just found the answer, so I thought I'd post it here just in case the OP is still curious.

have you recently installed doubletwist?

If so, you might find that a setting in doubletwist is causing this problem

Go into double twist
    Menu > Settings > Auto USB Drive (this needs to be disabled)

if it is enabled, it'll ignore your 'charge only' and mount the sd card

dickovski, rikxik, javadudd and 2 others like this.
  7. dickovski

dickovski Member

Yep this worked for me :)

8. bbh13

bbh13 Member

Gosh the grief that setting is going to unknowingly put people through... this thread has saved a lot of frustration for me thanks guys!

9. stoma

stoma New Member

this is also true of the program iSincr---thanks for the lead--I put 2 and 2 together--hah

10. carhauler1969

carhauler1969 Well-Known Member

T H A N K Y O U!!!!! EVO 4G also has the same issue w/ iSyncr. :D

11. bigbrain28

bigbrain28 Member

Thanks from me too! I swear I had this issue before Double Twist, but that setting change did fix it! At first I thought it was the ADB(?) files I loaded or the files I had to alter for the Android AppInventor software to work with the phone, and I was about to try and undo all that.:)

12. abrazilian

abrazilian New Member

Thanks - worked for me when I opened up App Killer and just shut down a bunch of other apps.. crazy.. not sure which App was causing the conflict, but at least I have a method now.... still feels sort of buggy though...