SD card unrecognitionGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Jarpee

Jarpee Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok so I have a 16gb card in my phone, I started the phone with it in it. I installed many apps onto the card and everything worked great. I then let the battery run to minimum and when I tried restarting it after it charged it kept rebooting. I took the sd card out and it started normally. After putting the card back in I now get a notification that says "blank sd card or has unsupported filesystem". although I can pull up all my apps and they all run just like normal. Any idea what to do? it gives me the option to format the card. All my apps on the card are from the marketplace other than swype. What should I do?

Advertisement
  2. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

Were all your apps free ones? Can't you just reformat the card to the proper file system and re-download your stuff?

3. Jarpee

I have some crap from my old phone on there. I could put it back on there I suppose, but didn't know if there was another way. The only app non-market is swype. Would that cause this issue?

4. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

Do you have the correct version of Swype from this little guy ----> :D

Click the smiley!

I still wouldn't think the wrong version would necessarily cause that but ho knows. I would reformat the card properly and see if that solves it

5. Jarpee

Yea I have that version. Should I try uninstalling all the apps one at a time or just reformat and DL them again and see what happens?

6. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

I mean I would just reformat....take out all the possibilities that could be causing your issue. But that's me

7. Jarpee

I chose the option to reformat, but all my apps are still on here working...... Although nothing showing on the sd card. Are the apps on internal memory?

I also turned the phone off then back on and now the sd card is not showing up at all.

I hooked it up to the computer and it said it needed to reformat the card, so I did. Now nothing is working on the phone when it starts up. I can't even sign into my google account or see contacts. I also tried running the setup but it doesnt work either. wow.

8. Jarpee

hard reset the only option?

9. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

hmmm....maybe. Your apps are on the internal memory. Weird stuff now the phone is not even working!

10. Jarpee

Now my phone is working, but I cannot get anything to go on my sd card. The phone won't recognize it. Did my format on the computer have anything to do with that?

11. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

Possibly....impossible for me to say. Did you use FAT32 format? Could you get another micro-SD card maybe and try that just a cheapy 2 GB or something?

12. Jarpee

I got one with my phone! Good idea!

13. Jarpee

Nope, even with the 2 gig, it recognizes it but when I try to DL an app it says insufficient storage.

14. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

hmm I'm thinking I have read on the net you cannot store apps on the card? I'm not awake enough to know, but I'm sure an android guru will chime in for you I hope. I think the sd card is only used by some apps not stored on it.