• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories SD card Upgrade

I hope I am Keeping this simple....

and this is for the samsung vibrant..

This is what I did to upgrade from the stock 2g card to a 4g card I got from micro center [kingston] for $9.99

plug in the vibrant via usb to your ms pc [ms = microsoft]

touch on mass media [ ie the menu that pops up on the phone]

once its been plugged in...
swipe down the notice bar and touch..[ notice i didn't say click..]

the usb notice... and say mount

note here: if you have samsung "kies" installed close it..it wont work and it wont see the card or the phone properly... don't ask me why... its jacked up neither the uk or the usa ver sees the phone properly...

ok at this point your ms box will see two drives side by side [ mine says drive o and drive n] your device names will vary! but you should see two

ok one of the drives it See's will be folders of stuff you installed...

the other folder will be stuff like folders with .xxxx and names of stuff you didn't install

for obvious reasons i cant tell you how or what this will look like....

OK as you recall i told you that you will have 2 drives/names....
make a folder on your ms box...and backup each to a folder be sure to make sure you remember the names...

once you have both drives/folders backed up... log off dissconect the phone / usb drive from ms box....

un plug the sdcard...

plug in the new sd card

once the phone See's the new card

and it is mounted... un mount it and format it

select this format from pressing settings and selecting sd card right under privacy...

[ note ]this step is prolly not needed but it cant hurt... [none of the stuff i found on Google said to rely on the formated card]

when it is done formating it will mount auto....

at this point plug back in your pc/usb cable to the phone... and hook up to your ms box

again you will have 2 diff drives...

copy the files over from your back up to the same place on the new sd card/drive that you saved to from earlier... you did pay attention..yes??

note at this point the folder with the .xxxx files will look the same as your back up... just copy the files/folders over anyways and over write if asked!

I believe this is from the format process [the one i had you do...] and your copying over the files is redundant... but i don't know for sure...

when your done copying over the files you backed up....dis mount the card/phone

un plug the cable

reboot your phone.....

viola!

there you go

please note....

some peeps said/noted that you loose all sound settings...

i did not find this to be true...

all of my sound/phone settings were working just fine...

i know all of the above seems rather long...

it is not really

this is the first for the vibrant...

please say thanks if i helped...
if you are lost plz! msg me and i will try to help

this is an awesome phone!

be smarter than the delete key !

full refund with cash provide proof of purchase!

your mileage will vary !!

I hope I was able to help

PlowRox

:):):):):):):):)

Upvote 0
Little bit pricey but its not too bad.

I ordered from the UK Amazon last night. So any amazon account can order from any amazon website.

Hope this is what you are looking for!

Storage Options SDHC10-32 SD Memory Card 32gb - Class 10: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

hmmm thanks, never heard of storage options. what is conversion to us dollars? how much was shipping, or does the free amazon shippin apply to uk also.

edit.
just converted, 77 us dollars? holly shit thats cheap for a 32gb class 10 microsd card, is that price correct? never heard of storage options, what company is that?

edit:
just tried purchasing it, it WONT let me, says can't ship to my address in the US :(

how did you end up ordering it?

Upvote 0
hmmm thanks, never heard of storage options. what is conversion to us dollars? how much was shipping, or does the free amazon shippin apply to uk also.

edit.
just converted, 77 us dollars? holly shit thats cheap for a 32gb class 10 microsd card, is that price correct? never heard of storage options, what company is that?

edit:
just tried purchasing it, it WONT let me, says can't ship to my address in the US :(

how did you end up ordering it?

Wow that sucks man. Why would they ship to Canada but USA not?

I just ordered normally. I bought some sd cards and cables last night no problem. Listed USA Canada and dozens of other countries when I made my order from the UK Amazon.

I first made an American Account, and it lets me order from any Amazon and I live in Canada.

Edit: I just put the order for the SD car I posted. Order went all the way though, just did not hit the final buy button.

So it will ship to me in Canada.

Reactions: HadouGhost
Upvote 0
I think you may have just wasted your money there dude..... from what I see on that link, its a standard SDHC, and if you have a Vibrant, you need a MICRO SDHC....

That's also why the pricing is so cheap.....

So far, I haven't been able to find a 32Gb Micro SDHC at all, let alone a Class 10, but that's not to say one doesn't exist..... but if it does, I imagine it would cost a lot more than the price on the link you provided...

Upvote 0
edit:
Turn that frown upsided down, you got lucky the order wouldn't go through, Amazon saved you... :)

I think you may have just wasted your money there dude..... from what I see on that link, its a standard SDHC, and if you have a Vibrant, you need a MICRO SDHC....

That's also why the pricing is so cheap.....

So far, I haven't been able to find a 32Gb Micro SDHC at all, let alone a Class 10, but that's not to say one doesn't exist..... but if it does, I imagine it would cost a lot more than the price on the link you provided...

Exactly right... Maybe it's not too late for Melll to cancel his order. Yep, that price will be way too cheap for even an off brand 32GB Micro SDHC.

Last I heard it will be Q1 2011 before we see a 32GB Micro will be out. I'm guessing the will retail for between $120 and $200 depending on brand and speed.

Upvote 0
Turn that frown upsided down, you got lucky the order wouldn't go through, Amazon saved you... :)

Exactly right... Maybe it's not too late for Melll to cancel his order. Yep, that price will be way too cheap for even an off brand 32GB Micro SDHC.

Last I heard it will be Q1 2011 before we see a 32GB Micro will be out. I'm guessing the will retail for between $120 and $200 depending on brand and speed.

Just noticed that. And luckily I did not order it. I just went to the final stage to see if it would ship to me.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones